Bacon Chops with Apple Cider Sauce
Author: Yvonne Waldron
- 1 tablesp. oil
- 4 BACON Slices
- Knob butter
- 1-2 cooking apples, sliced
- 1-2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 teasp. sugar
- 125ml dry cider
- 1 teasp. cider vinegar
- 1 tablesp. grain mustard
- A few sprigs of thyme
- Salt and black pepper
- Heat a frying pan with the oil.
- Cook the chops for 10-15 minutes, browning well on both sides.
- Remove from the pan and keep warm.
- Now add the butter and the apples to the pan.
- Cook until the slices just being to brown.
- Add the garlic and sugar.
- Cook for another minute.
- Stir in the cider, vinegar, mustard and herbs and boil for a few minutes to reduce the liquid.
- Taste for seasoning.
- Serve chops with the sauce and lots of creamy mash.