Simple Bacon & Cheese Omelette
Author: Yvonne Waldron
- 2 large eggs, preferably free-range or organic
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 Waldrons Rashers, plain, smoked or streaky bacon.
- olive oil
- A handful of grated Cheddar cheese
- Crack the eggs into a mixing bowl and add a pinch of salt and pepper
- Beat well with a fork
- Finely slice the bacon and fry in a small frying pan on a high heat with a tiny drizzle of olive oil
- (You can add anything you like to your omelette-e.g. mushrooms, tomato,onion,ham bacon, peppers,.... the list is endless.)
- When crisp and brown, turn the heat down to medium, add your beaten eggs and move the pan around to spread them out evenly
- When the omelette begins to cook and firm up, but still has a little raw egg on top, sprinkle over the cheese.
- Pop under a hot grill to brown the top of your omelette
- When it starts to turn golden brown remove the pan from the heat
- Ease around the edge of the omelette with a spatula, and slide the omelette on to a plate.
- Serve with salad and crusty bread or even a few chips.