Warm Salad with Potato, Apple and Black Pudding Crumbs
Author: Anneli Faiers
- 1tsp olive oil
- 250g baby potatoes
- 1 Granny Smith apple
- 1 tbsp water
- 1 tsp sugar
- Handful of mint, chopped
- 200g Waldrons' black pudding
- Boil your new potatoes in salted water for 5-7 minutes to start the cooking process. Then drain and run under cold water to cool them. Then chop them into small cubes. Heat the olive oil in a frying pan and add the potatoes and fry for 10 minutes until golden brown and turning crispy.
- Meanwhile, peel ¾ of your apple and remove the core. Chop into small cubes, and microwave for 2 minutes with the water and sugar in a covered bowl until soft. (or cook in a pan for 5 minutes). Use the back of a fork to smash it up into a puree. Keep it covered so that it stays warm. Core the remaining apple but leave the skin on and chop into small cubes. Chop the mint also.
- Once your potatoes are cooked and crispy, remove and keep warm. Use a knife to split the skin of your black pudding and squeeze out the meat into the pan you cooked the potatoes in. Break up the meat with your spatula and fry for about 8 minutes until cooked through and and browned and it resembles crumbs.
- On each plate, put a tablespoon of the apple puree in the center and spread into a circle. Sprinkle over a little mint, top with some potatoes, chopped apple, crumbed Waldron's black pudding and finally a little more mint.